Re: unmet dependencies after installing glibc2.2.

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 at 14:22:47 +0000, Michael Meding wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> > Debian doesn't strictly support mixing versions of the distribution as
> > far as I know, though the dependencies are usually such that it isn't a
> > problem. Sometimes it's possible to temporarily change your sources.list
> > to point at woody, update, 'apt-get install packagename', point your
> > sources.list back at potato, and update again. Whether this is a good
> > idea for libc6 I think I'll leave to experimentation.
>
> seems like apt-get source --compile libstdc++2.10-dev is grabbing
> gcc-2.95.2-18. So after a compile it should
> come out to the needed libs ?

Yes, it should - but there's no real reason not to install the binary
package, as compiling gcc will take a fair amount of time. If your local
mirror doesn't have it, you could try
<URL:ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/devel/
     libstdc++2.10-dev_2.95.2-18.deb>
(or whatever your architecture is).

Cheers,