[Joke] Re: KDE 2.0 - suitable for a point release of Potato ??

"Andrew M.A. Cater" wrote:
> We don't pander to our "customer base" - but the idea that the Debian
> project is anti-KDE is not helped by reviews (e.g. Linux magazine issue 2)
> which imply that Debian's stance on KDE was wrong and that it is a shame
> that it could not have been included in the Potato release.

All right, you don't seem to understand the idea with Debian.

Debian and KDE project are not the same thing.

Why do you think helix gnome isn't in Debian? Because of technical
reasons? No, it's because gnome.org is an organization, helix.com
is a commercial entity, debian.org is another organization, gnu.org
is another organization, and kde.org is another. We are not the same, we
don't even have the same goals or principles. We care about things other
than software. That simple.

Anyone who claims that these entities should collaborate is a traitor!

Thanks,

PS: As the title suggests, this is a joke. All similarities with actual
people or events are pure coincidence.

PS2: How nice, debian is in FOLDOC. I hadn't noticed that.
orion:libc$ dict debian
1 definition found

>From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (05 Sep 00) [foldoc]:

  Debian

          <operating system> /deb'ee`n/, *not* /deeb'ee`n/ The
          non-profit volunteer organisation responsible for Debian
          {GNU}/{Linux} and Debian {GNU}/{Hurd}.  Debian's {Linux}
          distribution is dedicated to free and {open source} software;
          the main goal of the distribution is to ensure that one can
          download and install a fully-functional {operating system}
          that is completely adherent to the Debian Free Software
          Guidelines (DFSG).

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr