Re: Misclassification of packages; "libs" and "doc" sections

"Thomas Bushnell, BSG" wrote:

> As Debian's resident professional philosopher, I hereby grant Debian a
> special one-time-only exception to the normal philosophical definition
> of "Category", and hereby permit Debian to call anything it wants a
> "Category".

I prefer only formal treatments of philosophical terms suchs as "Category"
or "Identity". For "Category", I'd be inclined to think in terms
of "Category Theory" which seems to me the sole viable treatment. The
term in the mathematical theory is a descendant of Aristotle's "Category".

On the other hand, words like "Concept", "Class" or "Category" are
useful in that they have appealing common sense implications; thus
used generously in cognitive science/AI research. ;)

I've used "Category" as an abbreviation for "Software Package Category"
in this thread. Thanks for the permission, anyway. ;)

Categorical days,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr