Re: (withdrawn) ITP: Tomcat

Marcus Crafter wrote:

> Which version of Tomcat are you preparing ? My ideas were towards the
> 4.0 series, which are fast becoming ready to replace the 3.x series.

I'm preparing 3.2 (currently 3.2beta6). Catalina (Tomcat 4.0) requires
a lot of non-free classes (JDK 1.2+, JNDI and JMX) which can't be
packaged for Debian - so you will have a lot of trouble compiling
TomCat 4.0 on a Debian system.

> If you would like any help testing/packaging/etc, let me know.

Plase download my experimental package and test them. If you have any
suggestions on how to implement the automatic configuration of in
mod_jk Apache module, I'd like to hear them.

Let's move this thread fo Debian-Java - that's what this list is for.

--
Stefan Gybas