Re: ip-up.d

On Sun 08 Oct 2000, Wouter de Vries wrote:

> I run woody and after dialing in to my proviery the /etc/ppp/ip-up script does not start after dialing in and as a result the scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d do not start. I have my dynamic dns update script in it, so I would really like to have it working. I use pon and poff to make a ppp connection to my provider. Does anyone have a suggestion? Is this a known bug/feature or could my woody be broken?

[ try to keep your lines < 72 chars, it makes quoting easier ]

How do you conclude that /etc/ppp/ip-up is not run?
Most probably there's something wrong with your script,
and thus _that_ is not being run.

Note that:
- there are restrictions to the name of the script in such a directory
- the script must start with a hashbang (#!/bin/sh for example)
- the script must be chmod +x
- the PATH while executing the script may not be what you expect

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/