Re: Intent To Split: netbase

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 12:31:47 -0500 (+0000), Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 07:22:26PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> > Well, the FHS is contradicting itself here.  On one hand, it says that
> > ifconfig is required to be in /sbin, on the other, according to this
> > paragraph, since a user could ocassionally wish to run ifconfig to list
> > the interfaces, it has to be in /bin.  Someone should bring this up on
> > the FHS list.
>
> I agree with that much.
[snip]

What so wrong with "user tools in */bin and sysadmin tools in */sbin".
As an advanced user, I always put /sbin and /usr/sbin in my PATH, whatever
the unix I'm on.

People who know about ifconfig should know enough to add /sbin and /usr/sbin
to their PATH IMO.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-   because I'm allergic to Prozac   -*-  www.debian.org