Re: X with wdm capable of selecting host at login

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 09:19:41PM -0400, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

> this means either:
>
> there are no host on the local subnet which are willing to let you
> connect via XDMP or some thing is scrod in your config files (like wdm
> is looking at xmd's config or some other random weirdness).
>
> I've always found Linux XDMP (well XFree86 I guess) to be kind of
> tempermental, I don't know where you're machine is network wise, but
> if there's any Solaris boxen available try:
>
> X -indirect solaris.my.network

OK I tried

X -indirect myXhost.edu
and it just resarts over and over but, if I do

X -query myXhost.edu
I get the myXhost wdm login panel. This would indicate to
me that XDMP is functioning from myXhost. I think my problem is that I
dont have any way to start wdm once X has started. I am assuming that
the correct thing to do was to just start X by hand and not try to start
wdm.

--
Frisco Rose             "By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Stud.             rosef@quark.eou.edu         rosef@eou.edu

If all the ipv6 addresses were distributed evenly across the planets
surface, there would be roughly 423,354,243,695,259,002,656 per square inch.
And, no, I don't know what this has to do with anything.