Re: Is anyone packaging `lame' ?

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 12:12:06 +0200, Konrad Podloucky wrote:
> Yeah, but haven't they removed all patented code recently? (At least the
> latest beta doesn't contain any Fraunhofer code anymore, afaik)

Patents cover algorithms (and thus specific implementations of those
algorithms in code). Removing code copyrighted by Fraunhofer doesn't
automatically mean the patent is not an issue anymore.

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking