Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 04:13:30PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:

> devfs needs some stuff that doesn't seem to be packaged yet anyway.  IIRC
> it not yet been decided where to mount the filesystem.

For 2.3.99pre-6 (and 2.4.*)
/etc/fstab needs an entry for IPC (sysV Inter Process Communications )

<PASTE config_sysvipc>
Shared memory is now implemented using a new (minimal) virtual file
system, which you need to mount before programs can use shared
memory. To do this automatically at system startup just add the
following line to your /etc/fstab:

none    /var/shm        shm     defaults        0 0

</PASTE>

I noticed because Apache croaked on startup.

It can mount elsewhere.
I don't know the ideal location, maybe /var/run/shm.

	J.Currey