new-maintainer related mailing lists hosting + Debian lists search engine problems

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 02:48:07PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > > [NM mailing lists]

...being hosted at a non-official-Debian machine...

> > BTW what is being done to move those mailing lists to our lists server?
> > It seems inappropriate to have such important lists hosted elsewhere
> > (even derogatory to our mailing lists infrastructure).
>
> Josip, this really appears like you're looking for problems.

Uh, I was just saying they should be hosted at Debian. My question was meant
to incite Dale (or whoever responsible) to move them the Debian listserver.
Not to flame! Sorry if my tone was flamebait-ish. :(

> Who cares where the lists are hosted?

Well, uh, I do :)

> Dale (or whoever set them up) probably needed to get the job done quickly,
> and wanted to retain control while things are being worked out.

That was my guess, too... thousand thanks to the owners of the current
listserver hosting them, but we could begin transition to our official
listserver slowly. It seems to be The Right Thing (TM) to do.

The bug against lists.debian.org about the lists hasn't been filed yet.
The instructions on how to do it are at:
	http://www.debian.org/devel/HOWTO_start_list

Should I do it or will someone more acquinted with nm-{admin,discuss} do it,
please?

> Or maybe the just wanted an archive searcher that worked (<steve ducks>).

Yeah, I saw several people saying there are problems with it... this needs
to be fixed as well, of course, to the benefit of these lists and all others
on it.

Who can do something about that, the listmaster or the webmaster? [CC:ed to
both]