apts -> /usr/ports script

Hi,

I'm a *BSD user, and just installed debian-2.2 and after I realized
it was a rather cryptic to find packages I did a small perl-script
called 'debports' which converts the list of apts into /usr/ports/*
directory hierachy with Makefile and REAMDE for each package alike
*BSD does it, e.g.
	cd /usr/ports/web/apache-perl
	make install

The source of the script you find at
	http://the-labs.com/Linux/debports

feel free to use or ignore it, maybe it could be worked into
the future dists of Debian as an option, maybe not :-) (no flames)
I asked arround on #debian at irc.debian.org and I was told
there is nothing like /usr/ports ...

Best regards,

Rene K. Mueller

----
    /\     Rene K. Mueller <kiwi@the-labs.com> <kiwi@span.ch>
  //  \\      Phone +41 1 261 4743 - HyperMedia Designer & Programmer
  \\  //      http://the-labs.com/ - The Labs: Graphic & Web Tools,
    \/                               Corporate Web Consulting