RE: Debian-kids goals (draft)

> Making Debian desirable to kids
> Working with other kid-oriented free software projects
> Applications
> Kidproofing and account management
> Learning to use the computer
> User interface
> Parental guidance
> Kids' System
> Ports
> Marketing & PR

This is indeed a good set of goals for the project; I can't do anything but
agree.

The methods is a completely different matter, that can (and will) be
discussed much, but for starters we will need a better place to discuss in.
Getting a separate mailing list for "Debian-kids" is a good idea, but can
make the cooperation with others harder.  It's very easy to start discussing
the same thing on two different lists...  I suggest we keep the Debian-kids
mailing list very specific about the debian part of implementation, and
refer the rest to SEUL/edu or kidsgames (depending on subject).  We might
even want to check with other distros to invite them to the neutral ground
of seul-edu (which I see as a good center of this, even if there are other
possibilitied (such as linux for kids)).

Regards, EOF