Re: You can do root raid NOW...

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
>Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:
>> That's what I'd like to do.  But I really think that it would be a
>> great benefit to have rescue disks with raidtools2 support so we can
>> do this properly and easily.
>
>Well it's always going to be something of a hack until LILO (or some
>bootloader) understands raid-1, so I guess I don't see any urgency.
>I'd be more enthusiastic if we could get boot disks with DAC960
>support. :-)

Last time I tried this I could mount one of the disks of a RAID-1 set as a
regular non-RAID disk.  This means that LILO could operate in a non-RAID
fashion.  Of course they may have changed this as part of the raidtools2
thing...

--
My contract ends next week.  I'd be happy to do a week's work in the US for
a round-trip air-fare and all expenses.