Re: Add "nice -10" to /etc/crontab run-parts commands?

Tommi Virtanen <tv@debian.org> writes:

> > onacpow && run_heavy_job
>
>         The later will crash & burn if any script uses set -e
>         (which is usually encouraged).
>
>         if onacpow; then run_heavy_job; fi

Hm? Am I missing something here? Excerpt from the bash(1) man-page:

       set [--abefhkmnptuvxBCHP] [-o option] [arg ...]
              -e      Exit  immediately  if a simple command (see
                      SHELL GRAMMAR above) exits with a  non-zero
                      status.   The  shell  does  not exit if the
                      command that fails is part of an  until  or
                      while  loop,  part of an if statement, part
                      of a && or || list,  or  if  the  command's
                      return value is being inverted via !.

So bash doesn't crash or burn - is this behaviour limited to bash?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Or go for generality ... Add a programming language for extensibility
and write part of the program in that language.