Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 02:16:31PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Meanwhile, if reply-to were set it would reduce CC traffic *AND* most
> *MODERN* software, when faced with a repl-to which differs from the
> FROM field will prompt the user as to which s/he wants to reply to.

this is bullshit. setting Reply-To would force all traffic back to the
list and make it extremely difficult to send private replies.

Most modern software has a private-reply and a group-reply function,
and making the list set the reply-to: header screws up the reply-to
function.

setting Reply-To: back to the list is brain-dead.

Craig

--
craig sanders