Re: glibc 2.1 and compatibility (Was: slink is gone, goals for potato?

On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 02:54:17AM -0500, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
>   is simply to improve communication among developers so that everyone knows
>   where the distribution stands with respect to the next release, and how
>   they can best contribute.

It seems to me that it would be nice if we organized the helping each
other a little better. Maybe we could have a little text on for example
master:~debian/help-needed.txt that would contain the stuff people need,
like 'please recompile my package bar with new libfoo23' or 'please fix
this stupid symlink in my package foo' or 'please check my last changelog
entry for package bar and close mentioned bugs' or 'there is a new upstream
version of foo' etc etc.

Most people do not read -devel, and this stuff is rather unimportant to
be sent to -devel-announce, -private and such. But it is important enough
to those who need help.