Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd (+binary compatablity?)

On Thu, 18 Feb, 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> There's no reason not to do it really... but who would use it?
> Existing Debian users are probably pretty happy with the Linux kernel.
> Existing FreeBSD users are probably pretty happy with their existing
> installation and management system. (To us Debian users, it looks terrible --
> I've tried it and didn't think much of it -- but to FreeBSD users it's
> probably fine.)

If we believe slashdot, Linux will soon replace windows as the prefered
desktop OS. I don't what to run the same OS as everyone else I want to be
elite, I want to run Hurd and FreeBSD :-)

On another thought, I read somewhere FreeBSD is still a.out based, is this
true? No ELF. Was there a plan to get all i386 unices running the same
binaries. This would make the FreeBSD and Hurd ports a lot easier.
--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto