Re: Debian Logo *Idea* Contest! (Delay for painting contest required)

Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > So let us define first, *what* we want to show on our logo.
> > This is always the first step in software related things.  Wy did
> > we step over it??
>
> Last time I asked what a good open source logo would look like (or some
> related question) irc got pretty quiet.  This seems to be the thing no one

Probably.  If you would have asked me without providing me time and ways
to look around I wouldn't be able either.  Some people can come up with good
ideas quickly, others can't.  I guess the latter is the majority.

> knows.  Wasn't there an open source logo contest?  I think of things like
> an open box or open book.  I also like this poster of a light house I have
> which seems appropriate.  If we get some good ideas, maybe some gimp'ers

I hope Andreas writes down the ideas presented here.

> would be willing to draw them up before this contest is over.  Our request
> to the gimp contest team was too vague and directionless.  Without

Granted.

> direction, all they can do is lots of different fonts and modifications of
> the word debian.

Not all but that's the majority, unfortunately.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds