Re: It's Time to Talk About Free Software Again

On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 11:41:57PM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:

> > If anything he might become more and more of a bad spokesman to
> > more-or-less ignorant & sensation-monging reporters.
>
> Well, the world is full of reporters who don't understand us, and people
> who read them. We have to get a different message to those reporters than
> they have been hearing from the free software world so far. Fortunately,
> we have the means to take control of our news sources.

[lots of good ideas deleted]

Bruce,

you have always done a good job at promoting Debian and Free Software, at
least that was my impression. I appreciate your effort and wish you luck!

Just like everybody, I welcome you "back", although I feel that you never
were really absent all the time.

Thanks,
Marcus