Re: It's Time to Talk About Free Software Again

    Joey> Um, hello? I was there, and I doubt 10% of the participants
    Joey> were even _alive_ in the 60's.

Oh.  Hope you had a blast.  Wish I was there too; I work right nearby
(Foster City Blvd & 3rd Avenue) but did not know where the MS office
was. (And did not have a Windows product to return). :-(

There was a flower power image portrayed in the press -- of course an
exaggeration that I exaggerated even further.  (Check out a couple of
references to 60's demonstrations and the Vietnam War at:
   <http://www.mercurycenter.com/premium/front/docs/protest16.htm>)

Can't blame ESR for this of course, but OTOH the Open Source term has
come to be associated with his protest agenda.  For better or worse.

Either way, I did not want to rant so much.  Congratulations again to
Bruce for re-promoting "Free Software". :)

-tor