Re: Can I have a package with no real name of upstream maintainer?

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 12:18:01PM +0200, Christian Surchi wrote:
> I'm packaging tkpgp, from munitions.vipul.net archive. The upstream maintainer doesn't want reveal his real name and wants only "tftp" as name and an email address. The package is release under GPL.
> Is this possible?

Pseudonymes have been used throughout the history, so that's not
a problem.  For our protection, however, I'd recommend that you and
tftp work out a agreement so that at least one Debian developer (you,
for example) always knows who tftp is IRL, but he or she is forbidden
to make this information public (or available to anyone else except when
it is necessary to protect Debian from unfounded legal claims).

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)