Re: BTS "feature" comments

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 08:35:06AM -0700, Darren Benham was heard to say:
> What do you think?
> ----- Forwarded message from Samuel Tardieu <sam@inf.enst.fr> -----
>

> On 21/09, Darren Benham wrote:
>
> | And do what... there are going to be keys that aren't in the debian keyring..
>
> Non-developpers should not be allowed to *manipulate* bugs IMO.
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----

  As a non-developer who has manipulated bugs..

  I think that non-developers should be allowed to manipulate bugs that they
are the submittors of.  Several times now I've submitted bugs that either
became outdated by a new release or turned out to be my own fault (eg, I
reported a bug against lftp that was caused because a local install in
/usr/local/bin which I had forgotten about was overriding my packaged
installation in /usr/bin) but nevertheless was not closed -- in such cases, I
generally send a message to (bug-num)@bugs.debian.org saying that the bug is not
a bug anymore and should be closed.  However, in a few cases I never got a
response from the maintainer and decided to just close a bug myself.

  I think that I may once have reopened a bug that I reported when it was
prematurely closed (that is, the maintainer closed it but I could still
reproduce the problem in the supposedly fixed version), in preference to
submitting a new bug report.  I'm not sure about that, though.  I may have just
considered it.

  Are these shooting offenses?  If so, I guess I should start keeping an eye
out for the Debian Hit Squad.. :-/

  Daniel

--
  Man is timid; he no longer says 'I think' or 'I am' but quotes some prophet
 or sage.