Roxen Configuration Files

Package: roxen
Version: 1.3.111-8
Severity: wishlist

David Bristel <targon@targonia.com> writes:

> On 21 Sep 1999, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> >
> > * "David" == David Bristel <targon@targonia.com> wrote:
> > David> I was refering to the equivilant of a <VirtualServer> section
> > David> in Apache...to just send Roxen the information for a new
> > David> account, including IP address and directories, and have it do
> > David> it automatically without admin intervention.  While it CAN be
> > David> done, it would be a pain in the ass.
> >
> > Why this? Virtual servers in Roxern are defined in seperate files. ...
>
> Hmmmmm, I didn't see that the config files were in text format.  From this, I'll
> need to look again.  Thanks.

I fell into that trap too ... the Roxen configurator (browser-based)
gives you no hint that configuration can also be done (much more easily
and reliably and quickly, but that's beside the point) by editing
ordinary text files.

I suggest ("wish") the roxen debian post-installation script would give
the user a clue about that, rather that just instructing how to start the
configurator, and that the upstream web-based configurator would advise
the user that there is another way.