Bug o' the week

I've had another early-morning idea.  I think a metric called a
"bug index" should be invented.  It would be calculated like this:
every severity of bug would be given a weight, say:

  critical:  5
  grave:     4
  important: 3
  normal:    2
  wishlist:  1

Then the bug index would be calculated by summing the number of bugs
in each category (for that package) * the severity weighting.

Extra weightings could be added for age, or whether the bug is
an upstream bug, etc.

A page could be compiled listing the bug index for every package,
sorted in decreasing bug index order.  Then perhaps there'd be a
very rough and ready comparison of buginess (or how much attention
a maintainer has being paying) between packages.  Maybe it would
spur some people into doing something...?

--
Chris <chris@fluff.org>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )