Bug #41965/43642 (unstable's xaw-wrappers)

Hi all.

My system has currently worked itself into such a state that invoking
update-xaw-wrappers will guzzle all memory (128M/128 swap) on my
system before crashing horribly, usually taking a few other things
down with it.

This problem has already been reported (see the subject), but I was
wondering if anyone knew of any workarounds (or methods of manually
fixing this problem).

I'd happily purge xaw-wrappers from my system, but doing so involves
invoking update-xaw-wrappers :(

Joey, from the bug reports, it seems there is a little confusion
regarding exactly what is causing this behaviour.  Please let me know
if I can provide any information which would be of help in nailing
things.

Cheers,
--Andrew