Re: NO! (Was: Re: Corel/Debian Linux Installer)

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, tony mancill wrote:
>
> > I guess that we need to decide on 3 (or more?) different profiles for
> > the install.
> I really don't have so mauch expieriences in partitioning harddisks
> as the people which talked in this thread.  But in my humble
> opinion the fact that WE NEED PROFILES is very importand.
>
> So what about this plan:
>
> 1) Define some (3-5) profiles.

I think we need exactly 1 profile: clueless Windows-users wo haven't
used linux before and don't really know what they will do with it. All
others won't use the defaults anyway. Come on, folkes, people who have
a squid proxy or do number crunching wilk know how to partition.

For this profile I suggest:

max(64, min(128, 2 * RAM))	swap
rest				/

I really cannot see why splitting / would gain anything to the casual
user.

	Falk