Re: local initialization (/root/setup.sh, /bin/setup.sh)

In article <cistron.4.2.0.58.19990813225126.00a35810@pop3.sti.com.br>,
Julio  <julio@pobox.com> wrote:
>Wouldn't be better to have separated directories to hold the local
>initialization scripts instead using /etc/init.d and /etc/rcS.d?

Why?

>/etc/init.d/rcS could run-parts /etc/rcS.local to allow specific
>configuration scripts to be run before /etc/rc[2-6].d (to configure
>hardware devices, for example), and run-parts /etc/rc.local could be run
>after all the ones in /etc/rc[2-6].d
>Any problems with this approach?

Yes. Why not use the existing mechanism which works fine. I don't see
why you would want to duplicate this mechanism for no reason at all.

Mike.
--
... somehow I have a feeling the hurting hasn't even begun yet
	-- Bill, "The Terrible Thunderlizards"