Re: Amanda questions

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 03:28:03PM -0400, Pete Templin wrote:
> A few questions about amanda, for anyone who might be familiar with it:
[...]
> So, how do I label a tape?

        man amlabel

> ERROR: charlie: [access as backup not allowed from root@charlie.3threes.net]
> ERROR: alpha: [access as backup not allowed from root@charlie.3threes.net]
> ERROR: bravo: [access as backup not allowed from root@charlie.3threes.net]

        echo charlie.3threes.net backup >>~backup/.amandahosts

> While I'm at it, I have a Dell-supplied (internal, in a PE 1300) Seagate
> 12/24GB DAT/DDS-3 drive.  Is the following suitable for having amanda
> write to it?
>
> tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # Linux @ tuck, important: norewinding
> tapetype DAT            # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes below)
>
> define tapetype DAT {
>     comment "DAT tape drives"
>     length 12000 mbytes         # these numbers are not accurate
>     filemark 100 kbytes         # but you get the idea
>     speed 400 kbytes
> }

        You might want to make length a bit bigger. You need
        to approximate the actual data that will fit; just
        stating the physical size here assumes the drive
        won't be compressing the data in hardware. Then again,
        that might suit you just fine.

        Next time, ask user questions on debian-user@lists.debian.org.
--
Havoc Consulting | unix, linux, perl, mail, www, internet, security consulting
+358 50 5486010  | software development, unix administration, training