Re: intent to package some perl/dbi/postgress stuff

i think i emailed you a few days ago retracting my "intent to package"
for these.

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Craig Sanders wrote:
> >
> > this is to announce my intention to package the following:
> >
> > libperl-dbd-pg     0.73   postgresql DBI driver for perl.  DBD::Pg
>
> Which is packaged by Michel Onstein, non-maintainer uploaded by
> Tom Lear, then non-maintainer uploaded by me.  Please coordinate,
> I don't insist on maintaining it, I only want to use it.

me too. i only packaged it because nobody else had (several had
announced that thay would, but nobody had ever actually uploaded a
package. i uploaded my packages and within 24 hours the real maintainers
rushed into action and uploaded theirs. problem solved :-).

i'm now using your non-maintainer release of libdbd-perl-pg.

> > libperl-prpc     0.1005   perl remote proc module.  needed by
> >                           libperl-dbd-pnet and libdbi-perl.
>
> Doh!  I've already uploaded this guy.  However it's correct name
> is libprpc-perl.  It's currently "hosed" in the incoming directory.

yep.  i only packaged it for libdbi-perl.

i am no longer using my package, but yours. ditto for libstorable-perl
and libdbi-perl.

> > BTW, DBD::Pg works very nicely. i have been using it for several
> > months but i only got around to packaging it this morning after i
> > decided to start experimenting with DBD::pNET as a way of automating
> > the conversion of (ack! spit!) MS Access databases to postgres (via
> > perl on NT with DBD::ODBC and the DBD::pNET proxy).
>
> Cool, what about packaging these guys?  I believe that it would be
> good to include tools to make the movement from Access to PostgreSQL
> as easy as possible.

if my scripts ever get to be an automated system rather than a bunch
of ugly tools which need to be hacked for every database then i will
certainly package and upload them to master.

craig

--
craig sanders