Re: Intent to package: blender

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Stephen Crowley wrote:

	Yes that is okay for non-free.  I also saw a rumour on /. that it
may go GPL.  But ./ is a bigger rumour mill than a hollywodd gossip
column.

stephe>I was wondering about the copyright here, is it considiered "commercial distribution" to put something in
stephe>non-free? Im thinking it will be ok but I want to make sure.
stephe>
stephe>Here it is:
stephe>
stephe>---------
stephe>  Permission to copy, and distribute this software and its
stephe>  documentation without written agreement is hereby granted only for non-
stephe>  commercial purposes. Distributing blender 'bundled' in with ANY product
stephe>  is considered to be a `commercial purpose'. This entire copyright notice
stephe>  must appear in all copies of this software.
stephe>
stephe>  IN NO EVENT SHALL NeoGeo BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT,
stephe>  SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF
stephe>  THIS SOFTWARE AND ITS DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF THE AUTHOR HAS BEEN ADVISED
stephe>  OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
stephe>
stephe>  THE AUTHOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
stephe>  TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
stephe>  PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.  THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED
stephe>  HEREUNDER IS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND NeoGeo HAS NO OBLIGATION TO
stephe>  PROVIDE MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.
stephe>
stephe>  If you would like to do something with this software that this copyright
stephe>  prohibits (such as distributing blender commercially), please contact
stephe>  NeoGeo.
stephe>
stephe>  blender@neogeo.nl
stephe>