Re: Debian is not a "main distro"?

On 30 Sep 1998 12:17:02 +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
>Well, on #debian, I spoke to one of these guys. He said he wants to
>compile everything on his own. Because this way he will learn more. He
>doesn't want any precompiled stuff and such.

    Also one can customize the compilation to their machine specifically.
The same options aren't the best for all machines.

>by then and that he could better things during the time he spends for
>recompiling.

>He couldn't answer this.

>I don't understand these guys. They waste so much time on
>timeconsuming routine work ...

    You mean you actually *WAIT* for a compile?  Wow.  I went on IRC or
hopped over to my NT box, rebooted it to Win95 and played games or something.
 Sheesh.  A person using Linux who doesn't multitask, go fig.