Re: XEmacs, TeX, and Re: Lengthy Debian install procedures

On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 02:53:26PM -0500, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> Rob Browning writes:
> > If you have a better solution that still keeps all the advantages we have
> > now, I'm all ears...
>
> The problem would be at least partially solved by making emacs optional.
> Same goes for tex.  Why are they standard?

Especially tex.. looks like there are a few people who are starting to
make good progress on open source word processors.  Tex is, of course,
useful for lots of people nonetheless, but it is something that people
can get if they know they want it...

I think having gnumacs as standard is not so bad...  It's a pretty
common editor, even on commercial unixes.

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org