Re: Upgrading to Debian 2.1 and NFS

> Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu> wrote:
> > An upcoming issue when upgrading to Debian 2.1: If a user just does an
> > apt upgrade, they will loose their NFS server. It has been taken out
> > of netstd.  We need a mechanism to check the users' /etc/exports and
> > select the nfs-server package on upgrade.
>
> No they won't.  nfs-server has priority standard, so it will be installed by
> default.  Besides, for the few who actually host NFS servers, they should be
> clever enough to deal with the consequences.

My experience this past weekend was it just disappeared during an
upgrade.  It would seem politic to at least put a line into the
script to effect of:
  echo "Your rpc.nfs is now gone"

So when I upgraded this particular machine just half an hour ago
I already had my nfs-server-2.2beta36-cfm-glibc.tgz ready to go.
Seems like reinventing the wheel.

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                            cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc        208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039