Re: JDK src directory?

Stephen Zander <gibreel@pobox.com> writes:

>     John> I'm working on compiling the Toba package, which is a Java
>     John> bytecode to C source translator.  It requires the
>     John> publicly-available JDK Java sources to compile, but the
>     John> jdk1.1-dev package does not provide them (why?)
>
> To which publicly available source are you refering? classes.zip or
> src.zip from the standard jdk source?  Or are you refering to the

The package referrs to "src.zip".  I have no idea, really, where
src.zip is, though.

> complete source for the JVM et al.?
>
>     John> I can download them for myself and put them in /usr/local
>     John> but a better solution would be to have a separate package
>     John> with these files, I think.
>
> Excuse me? From where do you plan to get this source?  Signed a
> non-commercial licence with Sun?  Read the licence?

One can simply download the JDK for Solaris, untar the thing, and it
gives you the necessary source.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org