Re: Intent to package mailto

Michael Stone wrote:
> Quoting Martin Schulze (joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE):
> > I intend to package a small utility which I have used for years now
> > whenever I have to implement simple web based applications such as
> > input fields for comments or manual databases etc.  It's written
> > by Andreas Ley and is called mailto.
>
> How does it differ from the mailto in the cgi-scripts package?

I haven't checked that one.  This one has a configuration file of
allowed addresses so the program can't be abused by spammers or
dumb users.

You can predefine From/To/Subject etc. fields.  I'm not sure how
much configuration it lacks, but calling it without arguments shows
a features page.

Regards,

	Joey

--
VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94