Re: non development use of cvs

>> "DM" == David Maslen <david@binary.net.au> writes:

DM> Could someone confirm my idea about using cvs is feasible, and then
DM> point me to some documentation telling me how to use it. I've read the
DM> cvs howto on www.debian.org, but it doesn't tell me where the cvs
DM> server is, what password is etc. Again I'm not a developer, so I guess
DM> I'd need anonymous ro access.

I think you misunderstood this. The HOWTO you read is for developers
who want to put the packages they maintain under cvs control on their
own box for developement.

Debian distributes the source of deb packages already seperated
into .orig.tar.gz, .diff.gz and .dsc (description).

You can get the diff.gz, if you already have the upstream sources and
apply the diff to get a debianized source.

When you get all three parts, you can do a dpkg-source -x package.dsc
to get the same result.

See ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/slink/main/source

Ciao,
	Martin