Re: mozilla problems

Avery Pennarun writes:
> I like the /usr/bin/X11 directory myself, because I think of command-line
> tools and graphical applications as very different beasts.

That distinction made sense years ago, but I don't think it does now.

> Long ago, in Slackware, I used to be able to "ls /usr/bin" and sometimes
> find the command-line tool I was looking for.

Long ago, in Unix System III, I didn't need to "ls /usr/bin" to find the
command line tool I was looking for.  I knew them all.

> I don't think those [/usr/X11 & friends] exist for any reason other than
> tradition.  Changing it, however, would be a big PITA and make us
> incompatible with everyone else.

I don't advocate trying to get rid of /usr/X11R6, but I think we should try
to avoid putting anything new in there.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)