Re: lintian bug?

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 10:05:26PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> Stephen Crowley wrote:
> > E: kaffe1: pkg-without-shlibs-has-shlibs-control-file N:
> > N:   Though the package does not include any shared libraries, it does have
> > N:   a shlibs control file.
> > N:
>
> Is this the literal output?  That looks like a genuine Lintian Bug to me,
> since the "E:" line is not terminated by a newline.  Unfortunately I
> can't think of anything that could cause this.

No, that's not what im talking about, i just mis-pasted that into the editor.
The problem is that its giving me that error even though i DO have several
shared libs in the .deb. But I did find out what is causing this though.
The shared libs are there, e.g. libkaffevm.so.1.00 but the symlink is not
(libkaffevm.so.1 -> libkaffevm.so.1.00) I think it would be much better to
have a new error message for this type of problem than just confusing me like it did.

-- Stephen Crowley (Crow- on IRC)
-- "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."