Re: Renaming 'math' section 'science'

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 10:53:08AM +0100, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> Hmmm - I think maths packages should remain in math (i.e. for
> dealing exclusively with mathy things as opposed to science or data
> handling)

Hmm.  What makes math a non-science?  As a maths student I would have
no problems searching for math things in a science section.

Of course if you were talking about pure number-crunching, yes, such
packages probably wouldn't qualify as science.  But there are real
'math as science' programs: octave comes first to mind.

> I do agree that science packages should probably go in a science
> section.

They definitely should.  I have a similar problem to the one Stephane
Bortzmeyer has: my upcoming Malaga package will have to go to misc
unless a science section - sci? - is created.

        Antti-Juhani
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **

          All GNU users have more.  Most of them have less.
                       Some of them have most.