Re: Name clashes [Was: Intent to package: molecular biology programs

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

bortzm>I'm sorry to insist but there was no opinion expressed on that point. Could I
bortzm>create /usr/lib/gensoft/bin and populate it with postinst scripts without
bortzm>violating the FSSTND, the law or the common sense?

	How about wrapper scripts in /usr/bin , and each package puts its
stuff in /usr/lib/package .  Then put symlinks in /usr/lib/gensoft.
Maybe even make a package that has scripts to maintain links in
/usr/lib/gensoft .  Other packages can registers themselves with gensoft
by calling scripts from postinst.  This way the implementation can be
changed by changing just the gensoft package.

	John

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>