Intent to package: ippfvsadm

Hi,

In the new 2.0.36pre Linux kernels, there are some changes that prevent the
ipportfw package from working anymore.

A new program has been writter by some people, called ippfvsadm. As it isn't
clear if the current changes won't make it into 2.0.36 (release), I doubt if
it's necessairy to include this package in the archive right now. It's been
released under the GPL by the way, of course.

Package: ippfvsadm
 This is ippfvsadm, the program that replaces ipportfw. In 2.0.36pre, some
 changes in the kernel were made, and now you can have a 'backend' of
 so-called "real servers". A box in front of it, the "virtual server"
 redirects IP-packets it receives on a port to a port of one of the machines
 in the backend. This might be used for load-balancing reasons.

For people who want to have it right now, go to:
                       http://master.debian.org/~remco/

The 'old' package, ipportfw, has been orphaned. That's the reason I didn't
contact you, Christoph, before sending this mail. Hope you don't mind :)
Time will tell if that package should be removed from the archive or
something like that.

Any comments welcome.

bye,
 -Remco