Re: Timezone messed up

  JG> My computer's clock didn't adjust itself automatically with the
  JG> timezone change.  I am in the Central time zone in the US.

  JG> There seem to be a number of various timezone programs --
  JG> /usr/sbin/timezoneconfig, tzselect, etc.  Which one should be
  JG> used, and why are there several programs to do the same thing?
  JG> Also, on other OSs, my timezone was often "CST6CDT".  Here it is
  JG> "US/Central" or "US/Chicago".  Why the difference?

Are you sure you're set to US/Central? Today, I noticed that my
computer still thought it was CST. Checking /etc/timezone, it was set
to SystemV/CST6CDT. Changing it to US/Central made my computer
enlightened, so it noew believes it is CDT. :) (The real setting is in
/etc/timezone).

Another possibility is that your hardware clock is set to localtime,
and you rebooted after the timezone change but before anything that
wrote your hwclock. I don't think we write the hwclock back
anywhere.. Maybe somewhere in the rebooting process we should
write the correct current time back into the hwclock?

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/