Re: Is NFS working with the new boot floppies?

"Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 	I just managed to get hamm installed from scratch. I'm
> trying to use NFS to install the base system, but it doesn't
> work. I left the thing all by itself for 30 minutes, and it's
> doing nothing. I manually mounted the file system, and copied
> base2_0.tgz to the local hardisk, indicated "mounted" as the
> installation media, and it asked where the file was, and it
> worked. Clues? (The NFS server is user space, kernel 2.0.32,
> hamm, last upgraded arround March 10th... there shouldn't be a
> problem with that)

Same for me.  Running `ps` in the second VT didn't show up any
processes spawned by dinstall.  At least none that looked like they
could be part of the problem.

The server was Imperial College's (London) sunsite mirror at
193.63.255.4:/public /Mirrors/ftp.debian.org (open to everyone).

A bit more info...

The still flashing cursor was placed about 3/4 of the way down the
screen, about ten characters from the left.  The headers and footers
were displayed on the screen aswell.

These are the 19980220 discs.

Can I make a suggestion regarding the NFS method?  It would be clearer
to ask for the server name and exported name, and then the path to the
mirror.

Looking good, though!  My RedHat using friend was very impressed with
dselect :) :)

Kenny.