Re: Intent to package kth kerberos (krb4 or heimdal, not sure which)

Todd Graham Lewis wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
>
> > Not sure why you say this.  We plan on deploying SKIP exactly for this
> > reason, via CORBA which is basically OO RPC.  Can you elaborate?
>
> When he says RPC, he means ONC RPC.

Yes: "RPC" the specific RPC mechanism (ONC/ONC+ RPC) originating within
sun, not "RPC" the class of all technologies allowing remote procedure
calls.

I am not intimately familiar with the specifics, but I have -heard- that
IPSEC is not intended to push multiple user-authentications thru a
single socket-connection, which is exactly what ONC RPC does.