Re: Support on fixing bugs.

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 02:42:37AM +0100, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> I suggested Debian for a server in university and told them all the advantages
> - along with other things of the BTS of course. Too bad they really looked at
> it... They told me that they would not consider such a buggy distribution as
> the operating system for a server.

?? What major bugs exist in hamm? All important bugs were fixed before
release. Individual packages do contain other less important bugs, yes,
but with so many packages, that's not surprising. Remember, we don't write
the upstream software, and it isn't a maintainer's responsibility to fix
bugs in the upstream source.

I have a box here running hamm, up for 186 days, there are no bugs in
my day to day work on the machine (it does PPP, email (smail+mutt+qpopper,
recently upgraded to exim), web (Apache, Apache-ssl)), etc).

Hamish