Re: Using Debian GNU/Linux as base for commercial linux

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Philip Hands wrote:

> > ".*/binary-[^/]*/?" matches every string which contains "/binary-"
> > followed by 0 or more characters which are NOT "/", followed by a "/"
> > and at least one more character.
>
> Ah, I see :-)
>
> You're getting your globs and REs mixed up.
>
>    . == any single character in RE
>    ? == any single character in glob
> but
>    ? in REs means the previous character (``/'' in this case) is optional.

yep, that's true. should have noticed that myself. i didn't write the
RE originally, i was just explaining what i thought the original writer
meant. i would have used .+ instead of ?

> so that RE does match binary-frobnicator-2.44.1-2.deb, since it has
> zero /s on the end, which matches /?

that leaves only one question: with all this talk, when do we finally get a
copy of the binary-frobnicator package? :-)

craig

--
craig sanders