Re: Open Software & Constitutionally Protected Speech

"Peter D. Junger" <junger@samsara.law.cwru.edu> wrote:
> Do you have any numbers on how many people use the Debian distribution
> or parts of it?  An explanation of the importance of the availability
> of source code to software users could also be very helpful.

The fact that it was deemed worthwhile enough to fly on the Space Shuttle
probably carries some weight in the states ;-)

A statement from the folks that did that project, saying why they chose Debian,
which is bound to include source availability as a major feature (especially
if we ask them to mention it), should help to emphasise the point.

Cheers, Phil.