Logo (Re: tech proposal to make manoj somewhat happy.)

On Sun, Jul 26, 1998 at 02:37:56AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> > debian should also have a firm and well known and loved logo. a contest
> > should be held for this ... possibly debian should do as gimp does and
> > offer a reward. ...

> 	We already have a logo. Captain Blue-eyes. (Not that I am
>  averse to a contest -- but we had a contest). Do you know there was
>  an effort ongoing for an year before the current logo was chosen?

For the record, the Gimp contests attract a much higher level of
competition, IMO, than what we got.  Not to say there weren't some
good entries, but there were a lot of entries that didnt really get
the idea of what a logo should be.

I still like the DGL where the L is in the G is in the D.  Sort of
tricky, but neat:-)

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org