Re: Policy for apps in /usr/X11R6

Hi !

> Can't we create something like /usr/X11R6/local for all the libraries and apps that depend on X ? It should make it similar to /usr/local...

The /usr/local directory is only for programs that doesn´t ship with a
distribution, i.e. are really local on a system.

We could create a /usr/X11R6/apps or similar, but I, too prefer the
"version b)" to let everything that needs X11 in /usr/X11R6/bin.

BTW: How many programs where else in this dir ?
Or in other words, what is "X system itself" ? The X server and the
few programs that where choosen to be in xbase ?

For me, at least the window manager IS the "X system itself" !
(it´s no app. ! But that would lead us to even more discussion...)

read you,

    -christian-