Re: Intention to package: FreeAMP

    Ben> Everything's GPLed. It's in a very preliminary state, so it's
    Ben> just text/console for now.

    Brian> I was under the impression that due to legal complications
    Brian> it was impossible to write a totally free MPEG player?

Some of the various MPEG *compression* algorithms (not all) are
patented. However, MPEG *decompression* I believe can be performed
in so many different ways that there's no way to patent it.

--
Brought to you by the letters P and I and the number 11.
"Ha ha! I have evaded you with the aid of these pasty white mints!"